|Task Force 93|
|Area of Responsibility||
Captain Azras Dex
Commander Joryn Tarvos
Based out of Devron Fleet Yards on the border to the old Romulan Neutral Zone, Task Force 93 is tasked with providing humanitarian support and protection to struggling regions of the galaxy. While this includes protection from predatory factions, Task Force 93 aids worlds devastated by natural disasters or violence, and treats with local and major powers to coordinate this assistance.
- Assist the rebuilding of cultures ravaged by natural or political disasters
- Protect isolated worlds from predatory factions
- Monitor the old Neutral Zone to bring safety and support to abandoned peoples
- Preserve the stability of chaotic regions across the Federation border
For the last decade and a half, Task Force 93 has served as a humanitarian and peacekeeping force along the Romulan border. Following the hypernova of 2387, it was tasked with securing the former Neutral Zone, protecting Federation interests in the Beta Quadrant. Worlds have been abandoned by the Federation and Romulan Factions alike, left to fend for themselves against the ravages of regional dangers, fledgling and weak infrastructures, and natural disasters. With the Fourth Fleet's repurposing with a galactic mandate, it was deemed Task Force 93 take this skill and expertise to all troubled corners of the galaxy.
Recent years have seen many powers withdrawing their support to many regions as they reinforce the borders they can protect. In their wake are worlds vulnerable to regional piracy or exploitation by other powers, worlds forced to rebuild governance and infrastructure from scratch, worlds lacking any support should the worst happen. Be they independent or answering to a higher government, Federation or otherwise, the support that now arrives fastest is from Task Force 93.
This work is more than bringing blankets. It takes engaging with communities to meet their needs, navigating fraught diplomacy with local leaders and their conflicting priorities, providing protection from opportunistic pirates that might see such a world ripe for the taking, or nearby powers that might see them ripe for seizing. Across the galaxy are worlds that have been chewed up and spat out by one government or another. To some, Task Force 93 is a welcome helping hand. To others, a necessary shield.
Task Force Assets and Headquarters
While Task Force 93 is no longer the major Starfleet force supervising the Neutral Zone, it retains its headquarters at Devron Fleet Yards on the border. With the capacity to resupply and maintain ships in the region as well as the Task Force's vessels, the Fleet Yards provides a base of operations from which relief missions can be launched to all quarters of the galaxy.
Task Force Starships
- USS Centaur, a Centaur-class scout
- USS Devastator, a Sovereign-class explorer
- USS Excelsior, a Sovereign-class explorer
- USS Hamilton, a Parliament-class light cruiser
- USS Hawking, a Nova-class surveyor
- USS Mercy, an Olympic Class Cruiser/Medical ship
- USS Nottingham, an Atlantia-class heavy cruiser
- USS Polaris, an Odyssey-class explorer
- USS Proteus, an Elysion-class light explorer
- USS Saturn, an Ambassador-class heavy cruiser
- USS Sutherland, a Nebula-class heavy cruiser
- USS Valiant, a Sovereign-class explorer
- USS Verity, an Odyssey-class explorer and the flagship of Task Force 93
- USS Vesta, a Vesta-class explorer
- USS Washington, a Galaxy-class explorer