From Bravo Fleet Infobase
Grid D4, Alpha Quadrant
Earth is the headquarters of the United Federation of Planets, which is headquartered in Paris, France. Earth's surface is formed of seven different continents which form around 30% of the planet's surface combined, with the remaining 70% formed of water. It is the only Class M planet in the Sol system, but it is not the only planet capable of supporting life, with colonies on Venus and Mars.
Earth has one natural satellite, Luna, which is a Class D moon.
Pre 21st century
- 19th century: The Skagarans visited Earth and abducted a number of humans from the Mid West who were transported to a planet in the Beta Quadrant to facilitate the construction of a Skagaran colony. Their descendants were later encountered by the crew of the Enterprise (NX-01) in 2153 during their search for the Xindi weapon.
- 1914-1918: World War I.
- 1930s: The Briori visited Earth and abducted a number of individuals including Amelia Earhart.
- 1939-1945: World War II.
- 1969: The United States of America became the first nation to land on the surface of Luna.
- 1992-1996: Eugenics Wars.
- 2026-2053: World War III.
- 2032: Earth launched its first manned mission to Mars with the Ares IV spacecraft, which was under the command of Lieutenant John Kelly.
- 2063: Zefram Cochrane undertakes his successful warp flight and this leads to first contact with the Vulcans.
- 2130s: Starfleet is formed.
- 2150: The United Earth Government is formed.
- 2151: Earth's first warp five capable starship, Enterprise, is launched.
- 2153: Earth was attacked by a probe launched by the Xindi.
- 2154: A much larger probe is launched by the Xindi Reptilians and Xindi Insectoids to destroy Earth. The weapon and its escort ship were both destroyed in Earth orbit by Captain Jonathan Archer of the Enterprise, with assistance from the Andorian Imperial Guard vessel Kumari.
- 2155: Earth co-founds the Coalition of Planets, an alliance of 13 different species, including Andorians, Denobulans, Humans, Tellarites and Vulcans. The charter for the Coalition of Planets was signed at Starfleet Headquarters on Earth. The Coalition of Planets is succeeded six years later by the United Federation of Planets.
- 2161: Alongside Andoria, Tellar Prime and Vulcan, Earth becomes a founder member of the United Federation of Planets. The Federation Charter is signed in San Francisco on Earth, which became the capital planet for the newly formed Federation. The Federation President's office is located in Paris, France.
- 2270s: The V'ger life form threatened to destroy all life on Earth if the demands it made were not met. The crew of the USS Enterprise successfully prevented the life form from attacking Earth. The centre of the life form was discovered to be the missing probe Voyager 6.
- 2286: A probe of an unknown origin caused problems for Earth's ecological system as it tried to contact a humpback whale, however these efforts were not initially successful because the species was extinct. The crew of the USS Enterprise used their stolen Klingon Bird of Prey, named HMS Bounty, to travel back in time and bring two humpback whales to 23rd century Earth. Once the probe had made contact with the two whales that were retrieved by the Enterprise crew, it left orbit with no damage done to the planet.
- 2367: After the Battle of Wolf 359, a Borg cube entered orbit of Earth to assimilate the planet and its population. The cube was destroyed by the USS Enterprise-D before it could carry out its attack.
- 2373: Another Borg cube was dispatched to assimilate Earth and its population. The cube was intercepted by a fleet of Starfleet vessels who took heavy losses, however after the intervention of the USS Enterprise-E, the cube was destroyed. The cube ejected a smaller Borg sphere which travelled back in time to 2063 to assimilate Earth before it made first contact with the Vulcans, however after following it into the past, the sphere was also destroyed by the Enterprise-E. The plan ultimately failed after the Borg were defeated in their plan to assimilate the Enterprise-E.
- 2375: The Breen Confederacy launched a surprise attack on Starfleet Headquarters in San Francisco.
- 2379: An attempt by Praetor Shinzon (a Reman clone of Captain Jean-Luc Picard) to destroy all life on Earth using a thaleron weapon built into his ship, the Scimitar, failed after it was destroyed by the USS Enterprise-E and two Romulan warbirds.