Task Force 93
|Task Force 93|
|Area of Responsibility:||
|Task Force CO:|
|Task Force XO:|
- Manage Incident of the Gorn invasion into the Cestus and Centerra systems.
- Monitor the activities of the Romulan Star Empire due the destabilized government.
- Safeguard & Rebuild the Raeyan Transit Corridor with a new presence in these sectors.
- Rebuild Starfleet’s presence in the Raeyan Sector, one that has fallen into disrepair after Task Force 58 withdrew from the region in 2386.
- Civil War within the Klingon Empire has alerted the Federation to keep monitoring the situation and aid where needed.
Current State of Affairs
- See also Task Force 93 Intelligence Reports
- Main Article: Gorn Hegemony
On July 2, 2388, the Gorn Hegemony launched a surprise invasion of the Cestus and Canterra systems. Simultaneously, unknown assailants hit Federation facilities throughout the sector. At Xavier Fleet Yards, in an attack likened to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor during World War II, they caught Task Force 86 and the Fifth Fleet unaware, significantly damaging their tactical capabilities and command structure before a response could be mounted. In disarray, the Gorn dug in and secured their new holdings before a counter-assault was possible. In the aftermath, Starfleet organized a joint incident command under Task Force 93 that came to include elements of the Third, Fourth and Fifth Fleets, the 93rd Marine Expeditionary Unit, the Grey Mist intelligence outfit, and others.
Romulan Star Empire
In the events following the Hobus Supernova that eradicated Romulus and Remus, Ambassador Robert Chadwick, representing the United Federation of Planets, travelled to Nelvana in an attempt to stave off all-out war. After a week of negotiations, he signed the Treaty of Nelvana with his Romulan counterpart, Admiral P'alas. In the treaty, Starfleet acknowledged the Empire’s sovereign right to dictate border transit rights, closing off Federation access to the Romulan Empire and re-affirming the 3 LY-wide Neutral Zone. However, given that the Hobus Incident had destabilized the portal to the Raeyan Sector, the Romulan Empire also made a concession. They ceded a 5 LY-wide region of space along the Klingon border over to the Federation indefinitely, creating the Raeyan Transit Corridor. This corridor allowed the Federation to still reach the Raeyan Sector, although it came at the cost of having to administer a buffer between the Romulan and Klingon empires. Logistically, as several Romulan worlds lay within this region, the Empire was granted a five-year easement to relocate its colonies within the region.
Raeyan Transit Corridor
- Main Article: Raeyan Transit Corridor
Between the two remote regions, it struggled with the Raeyan Transit Corridor, where Romulan colonists being forced to relocate as part of the Treaty of Nelvana had become resistant, and with the Triangle and Klingon borderlands, where pirates and rogue factions tested the Federation's resolve. The wide range of operations eventually prompted the Task Force to relocate its headquarters to Providence Fleet Yards.
The Klingon Empire clashed into conflict with their own people making it easier for the rogue houses to move forward and finally attack starbase Sut HabmoHwI' mupwI' in the Narendra System that was under control of the great House of Darg. The new proclaimed House of Si'tac that serves the Sovereignty of Kahless, there is still little to know about this new force. The Federation Council however wishes to monitor the situation closely and push them back into their borders after they attacked and kidnapt crew and captians of the Federation. Negositions are still being ignored, but the Diplomatic Corps has still hope.
Other Species and Powers
- Main Article: List of Powers in the Beta Quadrant
The area is controlled by various great powers such as the Federation, Romulan Star Empire, Klingon Empire and the Gorn Hegemony. But also smaller governments such as Raeyans, the C'hakilian Empire, the Krazzle Republic and the Trigati Republic.
Theater of Operations
- Main Article: Beta Quadrant Astrometrics Database
Points of Interest
Task Force Assets and Headquarters
- For a complete list of assets, please review Task Force 93 Assets
- Main Article: Starbase 611
Starbase 611 is a Federation Jupiter class Science Station, run and maintained by its Starfleet population with the purpose of providing support to Starfleet’s Exploratory and Advanced Research Command Headquarters (S.E.A.R.C.H.) and to serve as the forward support post for the 4th Fleet's Task Force 93 in the Raeyan Sector.
- Main Article: Curtiss Outpost
Outpost Curtiss is a Presidium Class Deep Space Station designated as an Engineering Support Base. Her primary mission is to provide engineering support for vessels operating in and around the Taugan Sector where she is located. The outpost sits at the entrance to the Raeyan Transit Corridor providing a port from the storm that brews in the surrounding sectors. The station is now commanded by Captain Wyatt Hickerson.
- Main Article: Faltan
Faltan Station is a set of facilities in the Raeyan Sector near the Raeyan Transit Corridor. It serves as the Starfleet's regional operations center, the headquarters of Task Force 93 in the Raeyan Sector, a forward operations base for the Starfleet Corps of Engineers, a hub for the Diplomatic Corps and the home of the 4th Marine Expeditionary Unit. The station is now commanded by Rear Admiral Logan Atticus.
Providence Fleet Yards
- Main Article: Providence Fleet Yards
Providence Fleet Yards is a Starfleet Shipyard located in the Beta Geminorum System. Under the command of Rear Admiral Catherine Wolf, Providence serves as Task Force 93's headquarters for overall operations and a forward operating base of Starfleet's Diplomatic Corps and Starfleet Intelligence. Originally a decommissioning yard for older starships, it is now a thriving Fleet Yard constructing, refitting, and resupplying the Fourth Fleet's assets in the Beta Quadrant.
- Main Article: Treaties
- Treaty of Algeron: Redefined the limits and borders of the Romulan Neutral Zone established following the conclusion of the Earth-Romulan War in 2160.
- C'hakilian Armistice Treaty: The C'hakilian Armistice Treaty refers to an agreement signed in 2378 between the United Federation of Planets, the Klingon Empire and the C'hakilian Empire that brought about an end to the C'hakilian War.
- Tripartite Treaty: The Tripartite Treaty is an agreement between the United Federation of Planets, the Klingon Empire, and the Romulan Star Empire, negotiated by Admiral Athos Roark at Union shortly after opening Starbase 911.
- Treaty of Union: The Treaty of Union is the name given to the 2384 treaty which nullified most rights granted to the Klingon Empire under the 2380 Tripartite Treaty, in reaction to the Klingon attack during the Omega Crisis of 2383.
- Treaty of Nelvana: The Treaty of Nelvana refers to an agreement signed September 20, 2387 between the United Federation of Planets and the Romulan Star Empire on Nelvana III.
- Ge'Ovan Charter: The Ge'Ovan Charter refers to a trade agreement between the United Federation of Planets and the Krazzle Republic.
Task Force History
- Main Article: Task Force 93 Timeline
For roughly half a year, Task Force 93 operated within Romulan territory at the behest of the new provisional government, charged with providing aid to the Romulan people and supporting the Romulan Star Navy. This opportunity offered Starfleet an inside look at the Romulan Empire and the prospect of building a greater bridge of friendship with the Empire.
Task Force 93 rushed to pull its assets out of Imperial territories, staging them along the Neutral Zone as rhetoric from the Empire grew increasingly hostile. Ambassador Robert Chadwick, representing the United Federation of Planets, travelled to Nelvana in an attempt to stave off all-out war. After a week of negotiations, he signed the Treaty of Nelvana with his Romulan counterpart, Admiral P'alas.
In the Gavarian sector, it conducted several operations to stave off all out war between the Cardassians and the Romulans, and in the Raeyan sector, it struggled with a number of territorial disputes. Between the two remote regions, it struggled with the Raeyan Transit Corridor, where Romulan colonists being forced to relocate as part of the Treaty of Nelvana had become resistant, and with the Triangle and Klingon borderlands, where pirates and rogue factions tested the Federation's resolve.
The Gorn Hegemony launched a surprise invasion of the Cestus and Canterra systems. Simultaneously, unknown assailants hit Federation facilities throughout the sector. At Xavier Fleet Yards, in an attack likened to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor during World War II, they caught Task Force 86 and the Fifth Fleet unaware, significantly damaging their tactical capabilities and command structure before a response could be mounted.
While the Klingon Empire faced their own problems that put heavy tension on the Federation-Klingon borders and the Khitomer Accords. The Empire collapse under its own weight and civil war rose from it. The Sovereignty of Kahless rose up to power and took large amount of control North-East of the Empire reign of control. The Federation is on heavy alert as 5 vessels have been attacked and some of its personal captured as war prizes.
Key Articles, Treaties and Background Information:
- Beta Quadrant Map
- Beta Quadrant Astrometrics Database
- Additional Lifeforms
- Task Force 93 Timeline
- Task Force 93 Command History
|TASK FORCE 93|
|Task Force||Overview • Simulations • Forums|
|Area of Operations||Canterra • Raeyan Transit Corridor • Hobus • Triangle Region|
|Federation Assets|| Curtiss Outpost • Faltan Station • Outpost 93 • Providence Fleet Yards|
S.F.I. Delphi • Starbase 611 • Other Assets
|Major Powers|| Federation • Romulan Star Empire • Klingon Empire • Gorn Hegemony|
C'hakilian Empire • Krazzle Republic • Raeyans • Trigati Republic
|Additional Data|| Treaty of Algeron • Treaty of Nelvana • Canterra Sector Invasion|
Sovereignty of Kahless • Free Romulan Movement • Intel Reports
|Resources||Task Force History • Command History • Astrometrics • Powers • Lifeforms|