JonM/Sandbox/Bravo Fleet History Project/Timeline
From Bravo Fleet Infobase
NOTE: This project has been completed and converted into this timeline.
- The Federation-Cardassian Armistice of 2367 ends the Federation-Cardassian War between the United Federation of Planets and the Cardassian Union.
- Starfleet engages a Borg cube in the Battle of Wolf 359.
- Klingon Chancellor K'mpec dies of poisoning.
- Early in the year, the Klingon Empire plunges into the Klingon Civil War following Gowron's appointment as the new Chancellor.
- Starfleet completes construction of Starbase 400 in the Kaleb System to provide better support for efforts in the Triangle Region.
- The Federation-Cardassian Treaty, primarily negotiated by Admiral Alynna Nechayev, formally ends the Federation-Cardassian War, following the cessation of hostilities three years earlier with the Federation-Cardassian Armistice of 2367, and creates the Demilitarized Zone between Federation and Cardassian space.
- The Dominion conquers the T-Rogorans.
- The Federation makes first contact with the Dominion when Jem'Hadar forces pass through the Bajoran wormhole, attacking several Alpha Quadrat outposts, taking several officers hostage and attempting to plant a spy within the Federation. While the incursion fails, it makes the start to the Dominion Cold War.
- First contact between the Romulan Empire and the C'hakilian Empire.
- Non-aggression signed between the C'hakilian Empire and the Krazzle Empire following a hundred years of minor border skirmishes between the two powers.
- Late in the year, the Cardassian Obsidian Order and the Romulan Tal Shiar attempt a preemptive joint strike against the Dominion in the Battle of the Omarian Nebula. The battle is the first major engagement with the Dominion, and it ends disastrously for the Cardassian/Romulan task force.
- Portal discovered by Starfleet linking the Alpha Quadrant to the Raeyan Sector.
- Reports leak out of the Cardassian Union that its military government has been overthrown by a popular uprising and replaced by the civilian Detapa Council.
- The Dominion replaces Martok, an influential general in the Klingon Defense Force, with a changeling, who calls for a massive invasion of Cardassian space, starting the Klingon-Cardassian War in an attempt to further weaken resistance among Alpha and Beta Quadrant powers.
- The Federation-Klingon War breaks out after the Klingons withdraw from the Khitomer Accords and following their increasingly aggressive stance against all major powers in the region.
- At the start of the year, a cease-fire is reached between the Federation and the Klingon Empire, apparently ending the Federation-Klingon War however, a few weeks later, this cease fire is broken when Klingon troops attack Ajilon Prime. Hostilities only conclude after Chancellor Gowron agrees to reinstate the Khitomer Accords.
- Early in the year, Starfleet engages the Borg Collective in the Battle of Sector 001.
- Starfleet approves the reformation of the Fourth Fleet, initially focused on the Raeyan Sector.
- In the middle of the year, the Cardassian Union enters into negotiations with the Dominion. Subsequently, a Dominion fleet enters Cardassian space and inflicts heavy casualties on the Klingon Defense Force, ending the Klingon-Cardassian War and ensuring Cardassian allegiance. All territory lost during the war is returned to the Cardassian Union, while the Klingon Empire is severely damaged from the encounter.
- In August, the First Battle of Union occurs between the Fourth Fleet's Task Force 38 and a sole ship from the Klingon Defense Force.
- The Romulan Star Empire signs a non-aggression pact with the Dominion.
- As the year draws to a close, the Dominion War begins when a large Dominion fleet is dispatched through the wormhole and captures Deep Space 9.
- The Fourth Fleet transfers primary operations to the Alpha Quadrant to support the war effort, immediately engaging in several offensive operations against Dominion holdings in the quadrant.
- Deep Space 9 is retaken by a Federation fleet including elements from the Fourth Fleet.
- First contact between the Krazzle Empire and the Federation.
- The Federation is devastated by the Battle of Betazed, when the Dominion launches a surprise assault that successfully captures the planet.
- The non-aggression pact between the Romulan Star Empire and the Dominion is forfeit when the Romulan Star Navy declares war and strikes at fifteen bases along the Cardassian border.
- Late in the year, the Federation, Klingons and Romulans ("Federation Alliance") launch their first major offensive against the Dominion with the First Battle of Chin'toka. While ultimately successful, the losses incurred prevent further advances into Cardassian space.
- The Klingon Defense Force suffers a sordid defeat by the Dominion when it unanimously attacks the Cardassian/Dominion shipyards around Monac IV.
- Section 31 unleashes a morphogenic virus that infects the Dominion Founders.
- The Dominion forms an alliance with the Breen Confederacy and pushes forward with a successful offensive:
- The Breen launch a surprise attack against Starfleet Headquarters.
- The Dominion launch a counterattack against the Federation Alliance in the Second Battle of Chin'toka. Buffeted by a previously unknown Breen energy dampening weapon, the Federation Alliance suffers a 99.6% casualty rate during the battle.
- The Fourth Fleet suffers heavy losses in the Badlands in a successful attempt to retake Draconia from the Dominion.
- The Federation Alliance defeats the Dominion in the final Battle of Cardassia, ending the ma:Dominion_War.
- The Fourth Fleet adjusts to peacetime, restructuring into ten task forces spread across the Alpha, Beta and Gamma Quadrants.
- First contact is made between the Federation and the C'hakilian Empire after an engagement that leads to the destruction of a Starfleet vessel.
- The Dominion pulls back behind its core borders and enters a period of seclusion.
- Starfleet discovers the Union Gateway, an Iconian Gateway linking the Union system in the Raeyan Sector to the F'hoca Gateway a region of the Delta Quadrant now known as the Old Theatre.
- The Fourth Fleet assigns Task Force 38 to start charting the Delta Quadrant through the Union-F'hoca portal.
- Worf, son of Mogh, names Martok as Chancellor of the Klingon Empire, and relations between the Klingons and the Federation take a turn for the better.
- Diplomatic relations are established between the Federation and the Trigati Republic.
- Hostilities begin to heat up between the Federation and the C'hakilian Empire.
- A massive restructuring of Starfleet Command sees William Ross appointed as Chief of Starfleet Operations, Samuel Bullock as Chief of Staff of Starfleet and Alynna Nechayev as Commander in Chief.
- The USS Voyager returns to the Alpha Quadrant after destroying one of six Borg transwarp hubs, dealing a significant blow to the Borg Collective.
- C'hakilian Empire captures Avalon Fleet Yards, the Raeyan System and a number of other Federation outposts in the Raeyan Sector, beginning the C'hakilian War. At the invitation of the Klingon Empire, Federation personnel bivouac to the Klach d'Kel Brakt system.
- Task Force 21, the Fourth Fleet's intelligence wing, launches successful attacks behind C'hakilian lines to disrupt supply lines.
- Near the end of the year, a massive Federation-Klingon fleet successfully retakes C'hakilian-held assets in the Raeyan Sector while simultaneously fending off a counterattack on Klach d'Kel Brakt. The C'hakilian Armistice Treaty is signed between the Federation-Klingon alliance and the C'hakilian Empire to end the C'hakilian War.
- First contact is made between the Federation and the Ratarian Republic when the republic responds to a distress signal from a Federation vessel and orders it out of Ratarian space.
- Shinzon leads a nearly successful coup d'état of the Romulan Empire.
- Deep Space 6 along the Romulan Neutral Zone becomes the headquarters of Task Force 93 following the Shinzon incident.
- The Klingon Empire begins an in-depth exchange program with the Fourth Fleet.
- The Gorn Hegemony attacks and occupies Cestus and the surrounding sector, leading to the Gorn Crisis and a formal declaration of war by the Federation.
- A combined force drawn from Task Force 93, Task Force 72 and Task Force 63 drives the Gorn back and penetrates deep into Gorn territory, the war drawing to a conclusion when the Hegemony sues for peace after the fleet reaches the Gorn homeworld.
- Clinton Kilwalski is promoted to Commandant of the Marine Corps.
- The Starfleet Corps of Engineers begins a project that will culminate seven years later with the Federation transwarp network.
- A rogue element of the C'hakilian military attempts an assault agaisnt the Federation in the Raeyan Sector with secret support from the Romulan Tal Shiar, starting the C'hakilian Armistice Crisis.
- Task Force 21 retakes Starbase 611 lost at the beginning of the C'hakilian Armistice Crisis.
- The rogue C'hakilian fleet is defeated in the Lantra system, lacking support from the C'hakilian Emperor.
- Cardassian Central Command is said to have rebuilt most of its former self.
- The Triangle Region is placed under the purview of Task Force 86.
- The Tripartite Treaty is signed between the Federation, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Empire, granting unfettered access to the Union Gateway for all three powers.
- The C'hakilian Empire becomes afflicted with a plague, issuing an apology to the Federation and withdrawing from the interstellar scene.
- With an expansion of operations in the Omega Antares Sector, several forays into space beyond the Federation borders are repulsed by the Ratarian Republic and concerns begin to amount about the unknown species. The Romulan Star Empire, also concerned with the developments, is granted a garrison on Deep Space 13 and co-colonization rights to the Omega Antares Colony.
- Starfleet establishes a base in the Gavarian Frontier and Task Force 47 begins operations in the region.
- The Borg Collective attacks Starfleet's presence in the Delta Quadrant, taking Starbase 900 and forcing Task Force 38 back to withdraw back through the F'hoca Gateway. For reasons unknown, however, they do not pursue Starfleet back through the Union Gateway.
- Romulan Neh'Rihar Fleet Yards were attacked and seized by the Tholian Assembly before being forced back; the Romulan Star Navy choses not to pursue war with the Tholians though, instead preferring to focus on other fronts.
- In the middle of the year, Task Force 38 launches a ship back through the Union Gateway and discovers that the Borg Collective has withdrawn from the F'hoca Gateway. Operations renew carefully within the Old Theatre.
- The Detepa Council of the Cardassian Union formally requests that all Federation and allied vessels depart Cardassian space in order to allow the Cardassians to fully support themselves.
- In December, the Omega Crisis of 2383 begins following the discovery of an omega molecule in the Old Theatre headed directly for the F'hoca Gateway.
- Omega Crisis of 2383 ends with the Second Battle of Union and the destruction of the F'hoca Gateway in the Delta Quadrant, completely closing off access to the Old Theatre.
- The Treaty of Union nullifies most of the rights granted to the Klingon Empire in 2381 by the Tripartite Treaty in response for their actions during the Omega Crisis of 2383.
- It is discovered that the Union Gateway, which lost its pairing following the destruction of the F'hoca Gateway, has acquired a new connection to the Solaria Gateway. This grants the Federation access to a new region of the Delta Quadrant now known as the Round Table and beings a new era of exploration for Task Force 38.
- The Krazzle Empire becomes the Krazzle Republic, signs the Ge'Ovan Charter with the Federation and moves into a period of inward focus.
- The Cardassian Union begins to flex its muscles following a long period of rebuilding after the Dominion War.
- Increasing hostilities from the Cardassians expands Task Force 47's mandate within the Gavarian Frontier.
- Romulan sentiment towards the Federation takes a turn for the worse. Task Force 21 is merged into Task Force 93 to bolster Starfleet's presence along the Romulan Neutral Zone.
- After a Borg sphere is encountered near the Omega Antares Sector, and following continued difficulties with the Ratarian Republic, Starfleet withdraws from the region to deal with issues closer to home such as increasing pressure from the Cardassians, Romulans and others.
- In response to Starfleet's build up along the Romulan Neutral Zone, the Romulan Star Empire orders its citizens off of Qualor III, a joint Federation-Romulan colony. Romulan relations take a turn for the worse.
- Inexplicably, the Valoris Nebula begins to rotate, moving Federation worlds into Breen space and vice versa. This leads to the Breen Crisis and most notably the Battle of Garen Epok.
- Similar to the withdrawal from the Omega Antares Sector a year earlier, Starfleet closes down primary operations in the Raeyan Sector as its importance wanes. This includes mothballing and destroying many assets, as well as reallocating resources from Task Force 58 to bolster support along the Romulan Neutral Zone, the Gavarian Frontier and the borders with the Cardassian Union and Breen Confederacy.
- A Cardassian group calling itself the Order of 12 destroys several facilities in the Gavarian Corridor, as well as killing a number of Starfleet personnel, including flag officers.
- Rear Admiral Kara Thrace and Admiral Tolak tr'Servek negotiate an amendment to the Treaty of Algeron that reduces the size of the Romulan Neutral Zone and corrects the course of relations between the two powers in a more positive direction.
- On April 13, the Hobus star goes hypernova, destroying Romulus and Remus and sending the Romulan Star Empire into turmoil. Task Force 93 assists with evacuation efforts.
- The Romulan Empire moves its seat of power to Rator.
- Task Force 93 becomes completely focused on the aftermath of Hobus in the spring and summer, providing support and relief efforts to the Romulan Empire.
- The Klingon Defense Force and raiders from the Triangle Region launch a number of incursions against Romulan space.
- On August 17, the Algorab Summit is called to address concerns from borderlands governors regarding the Navy's struggles to provide them adequate support post-Hobus. During the proceedings, Starfleet Intelligence is implicated in the assassination of a Romulan senator, shattering Federation-Romulan relations.
- On September 20, the Treaty of Nelvana is signed between Ambassador Robert Chadwick and Admiral P'alas, restoring the original provisions of the 2311 Treaty of Algeron, closing the Romulan borders to the Federation, and ceding the Raeyan Transit Corridor to the Federation.
- Task Force 93 expands to include the Raeyan Sector, the Raeyan Transit Corridor and the Triangle Region, in addition to its former positions along the Romulan Neutral Zone.
- On October 15, the Gavarian Armistice Agreement is signed between the Federation and the Cardassian Union, limiting Starfleet operations within the corridor to Task Force 47 alone and Cardassian operations to the 7th Order.