Starbase 400 (Ares Theater)
Federation Starbase and Ship Yard
A Spacedock type Starbase in orbit of Kaleb IV in the Beta Quadrant. Commanded by Fleet Admiral Mike K'Wor Bremer, Starbase 400 is the Flagbase for the Ares Operational Theater, a large portion of the Beta Quadrant.
Starbase 400 (SB400) was completed in 2369 on the edge of and area of space where Federation, Klingon Empire, and Romulan borders meet, known as The Triangle, orbiting Kaleb IV. It was hoped that having an advanced starbase in the area would not only make the Romulans think twice about crossing into the Neutral Zone, but also service as a location for diplomatic meetings between the three super powers. Starbase 400 soon became one of the main base of operations for the 4th Fleet.
During the Dominion War, SB400 serviced as a remote staging area for Klingon and Romulan fleets heading toward the front lines. Following the war, SB400 serviced as one of the main refit and supply bases for Starfleet vessels leaving the front lines. Starships would be refit for peace time service and crews rotated to other ships or back to there home planets for R&R. In 2380, this duty had been fulfilled and SB400 returned to the Diplomatic role.
Following the Shinzon coup, the Romulans wanted to continue diplomatic talks, and several of these were held at SB400 before being moved to Earth. During this time, SB400 began to run into disrepair. With supplies being sent to further out Starbases to restock their stores and trained crews transferred to new ships and bases, SB400 began to see neglect. Commander Conners, the station commander requested additional supplies and crew, but these requests were ignored. Starfleet's main goal was to bring the outer ring of starbases back up to full strength, while also getting the fleet back on it's feet as well.
With tensions between the Federation and Romulans eases, SB400 was seen as 'expendable'. Plans were made to deactivate the starbase within two years, however Commander Conners requested an early retirement. With no available commanders to take command, Starfleet Command decided to shut down the base. At the same time, Admiral Mike K'Wor Bremer was considering retiring from command again. Hearing about SB400's situation, Bremer requested taking the USS Pegasus (Ares Theater) to Starbase 400, taking command. Starfleet declined, saying these had no plans for an Admiral to serve as commander of the starbase. Mike requested a demotion back to Captain to take over SB400. After much consideration, this was approved, but by 2388 Bremer had been promoted back to Fleet Admiral and Starbase 400 was assigned twelve support ships but over the years that increased to twenty-six. This was mainly due to the re-emergence of the Typhon Pact and its addition of the Krazzle Empire to its ranks, as well as increased pirate activity within The Triangle and the recently re-introduction of the Romulan Neutral Zone.
In early 2388, the USS Essex was assigned to Starbase 400 when Vice Admiral T'Lar, former Task Force 72 Commanding Officer in the Forth Fleet, took over as Station XO for the retiring Lieutenant General Fultian-Bremer. By Mid 2388, the old Constitution class USS Princeton was assigned to Starbase 400 and set to undergo major overhaul and recommissioning. By the end of the year, the Starships USS Cutlass and USS Mercy were also assigned. In early 2389, the USS Lexington-D was reassigned to Starbase 400. Also arriving at Starbase 400 was the new USS Gladiator under the command of Admiral Sevlek, bringing Starbase 400's total support fleet to twenty-two vessels.
By mid 2391 Fleet Admiral Sevlek took over as Starfleet's Beta Quadrant Commanding Officer and he promoted Bremer back to Fleet Admiral and Commanding Officers of this important region of space, called The Ares Operational Theater with Starbase 400 designated as Command Base. With tension on the rise between the Federation/Klingon/Cardassian Alliance and the Romulans and Krazzle, along with their Typhon Pact allies...as well as the recent war between the Krazzle and C'Hakilian Empires and the Klingon Civil War, Starbase 400 is set to be at the forefront during this time of change.
Starbase 400 has facilities for up to 40 Starships to dock within her internal bay at one time. There are also 10 'drydocks' in orbit of Kaleb IV near to the Starbase itself. Many Starships that are also apart of the Ares Operational Theater dock here for a variety of reasons (refit, repair, replenishment, R&R, and replacement personnel).
View the full Ares Operational Theater Timeline (Ares Theater)
- USS Pegasus - NCC-1702-B
- The Galaxy Class Refit USS Pegasus-B, Fleet Admiral Bremer's Flagship, is the primary support vessel. The Pegasus is under the direct command of Fleet Admiral Bremer. To help prolong the ship's service life she has recently been upgraded with Quantum Slipstream Drive, Positronic Computer Core, LCARS-7, and Type-XIII phaser arrays.
- USS Yorktown - NCC-1717-F
- The Defiant Class USS Yorktown-F is a new Defiant Class vessel. She was commissioned in 2390 at Starbase 400 after the destruction of the Yorktown-E in 2388. The Yorktown-F was built with the newest technology including Quantum Slipstream Drive, Positronic Computer Core, and LCARS-7. The Yorktown is under the direct command of Vice Admiral K'Temoc.
- USS Essex - NCC-173-B
- The Intrepid Class USS Essex replaced the Sovereign class USS Essex which serviced Starfleet for many years, including during the Dominion War. She was upgraded with Quantum Slipstream Drive in 2390, and the vessel is under Starbase 400's XO, Admiral T'Lar's, Command.
- USS Sutherland - NCC-72015
- The Nebula Class USS Sutherland has been in service for many years, but was assigned to Starbase 400 in 2386. The Sutherland's primary role at Starbase 400 is Diplomatic Operations. She was recently upgraded with Quantum Slipstream Drive and is commanded by Major General Jewel Hurd.
- USS Luna - NCC-80100-A
- The Luna Class USS Luna-A is the last of her class, named for the first USS Luna, prototype of the Luna Class. She was assigned to SB400 after she was commissioned in 2381. The Luna-A was once decommissioned to address problems that arose aboard several Luna Class ships. She was recommissioned a year later. Her primary role is Intel gathering. The Luna is usually under the direct command of Commodore Pike.
- USS Saratoga - NCC-70074
- The Akira Class USS Saratoga was assigned to Starbase 400 in 2386. She operates as a Tactical Support and Marine deployment vessel and usually under the command of the 1st Marine Division CO, Major General Thomas Jackson.
- USS Tirpitz - NCC-41944
- The Excelsior Class USS Tirpitz is a Marine Deployment and Defense vessel, commanded by Colonel David Hurd, the 1st Marine Division's XO.
- USS Endeavor - NCC-72802
- The Nova Class USS Endeavor joined Starbase 400 in 2386 as the station's Science vessel and often operates under Captain L'Verrem's command.
- USS Conqueror - NCC-63303
- The Akira Class USS Conqueror was assigned to Starbase 400 in 2393 as an additional support vessel and training ship for pilots and flight control officers. Her commanding officer is Captain DaSilvor.
- USS Steadfast - NCC-87655
- The Diligent Class USS Steadfast is a new vessel. The Steadfast as been assigned to Starbase 400's Special Operations Team and is commanded by Captain Harrison.
- USS Lexington - NCC-1709-D
- The Sovereign Class USS Lexington-D has recently been re-assigned back to SB400. She has been assigned to the Station's R&D department to set new technology and improvements to existing tech. She has recently been upgraded with Quantum Slipstream Drive, Positronic Computer Core, LCARS-7, and Type-XIII phaser arrays. She is commanded by the Station's R&D Director, Commander Robert Stark.
- USS Ark Royal - NCC-24891
- The Ambassador class USS Ark Royal replaced the USS Alabama at SB400 in mid-2388. The USS Ark Royal's primary role at Starbase 400 is an Engineering Response Vessel that's equipped to quickly deploy anywhere in need of engineering assistance. She is commanded by Commander Solomon.
- USS Mercy - NCC-60974
- The Olympic class Medical Ship, USS Mercy will respond to any medical crisis that arises within nearby space. Her CO is Lieutenant Shrivol Thr'elanon, M.D.
- USS Kearsarge - NCC-74800
- The Intrepid Class USS Kearsarge is one of the newest of her class. She was assigned to SB400 after commissioning in early 2387 to replace the USS Intrepid that was reassigned. Her role is to help with increasing pirate activity within the Triangle as well as general defense. Command is on a mission by mission basis.
- USS Vanguard - NCC-82009
- The USS Vanguard is a Sovereign Class ship, recently re-assigned back to SB400. Previously, she was the station's R&D vessel, but now her role is to help with increasing pirate activity within the Triangle, patrolling the Romulan Neutral Zone, as well as general patrol and defense duties. She has recently been upgraded with Quantum Slipstream Drive, Positronic Computer Core, LCARS-7, and Type-XIII phaser arrays. Command is on a mission by mission basis.
- USS Durga - NCC-75157-A
- The Ronin Class USS Durga NCC-75157-A is a brand ship built at Starbase 400, the second ship build there, replacing the previous ship named Durga, a Europa class vessel that was nearly destroyed by Pirates operating out of the Triangle. The ship operates as a Defense vessel and she has recently been upgraded with Quantum Slipstream Drive, Positronic Computer Core, LCARS-7, and Type-XIII phaser arrays. Command is on a mission by mission basis.
- USS Venator - NCC-74595
- The Prometheus Class USS Venator was assigned to Starbase 400 in 2386. The ship services as a Tactical Support vessel and she has recently been upgraded with Quantum Slipstream Drive, Positronic Computer Core, LCARS-7, and Type-XIII phaser arrays. Command is on a mission by mission basis.
- USS Laffey - NCC-80724
- The Defiant Class USS Laffey is one of the newest Defiant Class ship in the Fleet. Her role at SB400 is to patrol of The Triangle and the border of the Romulan Neutral Zone. Command is on a mission by mission basis.
- USS Avenger - NCC-74206-A
- The Intrepid Class USS Avenger-A replaced the Defiant class USS Avenger which was decommissioned following massive damage after a battle with Gorn ships. The Avenger-A's job is to patrol the Federation border and The Triangle area while training her new crew. Command is on a mission by mission basis.
- USS Constantinople - NCC-61116
- The Steamrunner Class USS Constantinople is the former Flagship of Admiral Sorac Dunar. She will be used to patrol the Federation border and the Triangle area. Command is on a mission by mission basis.
- USS Princeton - NCC-1777
- The USS Princeton is a Constitution Class Refit ship that sat in mothballs for over seventy years. She was recommissioned and modernized to serve as a training ship and patrol vessel at Starbase 400. Command is on a mission by mission basis.
- USS Cutlass - NCC-62958
- The Saber class USS Cutlass joined Starbase 400 almost by accident in 2388. The Cutlass was the escort of the Medical Ship USS Mercy when she responded to a medical emergency along with vessels from Starbase 400. Suffering damage during the operation, the Cutlass returned to Starbase 400 where she has remained. Her role will be defense of the Kaleb Sector and nearby Federation border. Command is on a mission by mission basis.
- USS Falcon - NCC-77206
- The brand new Interceptor class ship USS Falcon was assigned to Starbase 400 during the Klingon Civil War of 2392-2393 as an additional support ship to patrol along the Federation/Klingon border. The ship is also used for tactical interdiction missions. Command is on a mission by mission basis.
- USS Warspite - NCC-25016
- The Centaur class ship USS Warspite was recommissioned and assigned to Starbase 400 during the Klingon Civil War of 2392-2393 as an additional support ship to patrol along the Federation/Klingon border. The ship is also used for tactical interdiction missions. Command is on a mission by mission basis.
- USS Dorsetshire - NCC-2100
- The Miranda class refit USS Dorsetshire was recommissioned and then assigned to Starbase 400 during the Klingon Civil War of 2392-2393 as an additional support ship to patrol along the Federation/Klingon border. The ship is also used for tactical interdiction missions. Command is on a mission by mission basis.
- USS Gladiator - NCC-91981
- The Gladiator is the prototype for the new Gladiator Class starship. An all new design, this advised tactical cruiser comes with Quantum Slipstream Drive, Positronic Computer Core, LCARS-7, Type-XIII Phasers, and other new systems. She is under the direct command of Fleet Admiral Sevlek, Starfleet's Beta Quadrant Commanding Officer.
- 181st Tactical Fighter Wing
- While not a 'starship', the 181st Tactical Fighter Wing is an important part of Starbase 400's defenses. The Fighter complement that is already assigned to Starbase 400 makes up the 181st. 40 Eagle Class, 40 Valkyrie Class, and 20 Redemption Class make up it's numbers. The 181's CO is Major Maxwell
|ARES OPERATIONAL THEATER • SIM YEAR 2393|
|Essential Data||Map • Timeline • Theater Information|
|Assigned Bases||Starbase 400 • Starbase Bravo|