Disruptors are directed energy weapons that are used by many species such as the Klingons and Romulans. While there are differences between each of the disrupter systems fielded by these species the process is the same. A particle stream were the total energy field per particle is so high that it cannot be contained for more than a few milliseconds. The energy field rapidly unwinds and the instability releases the energy contained withing the beam disrupting any object the beam contacts.
Klingon Disruptor Details:
- For a detailed explanation of Klingon Disrupter Pistols see Here
- For a detailed explanation of Klingon Disrupter Rifles see Here
- For a detailed explanation of Klingon Disrupter Emitters see Here
- For a detailed explanation of Klingon Disrupter Cannons see Here
- Type I: Type One disruptors are small handheld pistol style weapons that can be fired with only one hand.
- Type II: Type Two disruptors are larger rifle style weapons that are held with both hands when fired.
- Type III: Type Three disruptors are mobile cannon units primarily used as field artillery.
- Type IV: Type Four disruptors are the smallest ship mounted disrupter emitters and are usually mounted to shuttles or fighters.
- Type V: Type Five disruptors are ship mounted disrupter emitters and are the primary ship mounted weapon system for scout type vessels.
- Type VI: Type Six disruptors are ship mounted disrupter cannons and are the primary ship mounted weapon system for combat vessels.
- Type VII: Type Seven disruptors are ship mounted heavy cannons and are primarily mounted to larger capital ships.
- Type VIII: Type Eight Disruptors are large disrupter cannons used for planetary defense.
|Entries||Cloaking Device • Disruptors • Klingon Disruptor Rifle • Klingon Disruptor Pistols • Morath's Fist • Talon's Strike • Iconian Gateway • Morexian Shield Grid|
|Categories||Alien Technology • Banned Technology • Auxiliary Systems • Communications Systems • Computer Systems • Crew Support Systems • Energy Weapons • Fuel Storage Systems • Impulse Systems • Projectile Weapons • Sensor Systems • Shielding Systems • Space Craft Structures • Transporters • Warp Systems|