More than two hundred years have passed since humanity began exploring the galaxy. Since then, humanity, and subsequently the Federation, began to experience a myriad of conflicts and resolutions. The following is a list of all treaties, accords and agreements that have been signed by the governments of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Treaties with the Cardassian Union
- Jankata Accord: Signed by the Federation and the Cardassion Union. Prevents either power from entering another quadrant to expand their territory. - Nullified by Cardassia's actions against the Romulan Star Empire.
Treaties with the Dominion
- Treaty of Bajor: Signed by the Dominion and Alpha Quadrant powers to end the Dominion War.
Treaties with the Romulan Star Empire
- Treaty of Algeron: Redefined the limits and borders of the Romulan Neutral Zone established following the conclusion of the Earth-Romulan War in 2160.
- Treaty of Nelvana: The Treaty of Nelvana refers to an agreement signed September 20, 2387 between the United Federation of Planets and the Romulan Star Empire on Nelvana III.
- Kartelan Protectorate Agreement: Signed by the Federation and the Kartelan Sovereignty. Establishes a permanent Starfleet/Federation presence on the moon of the second planet in the system in return for Starfleet agreeing to work with and protect the Kartelan people from their foes.