Delta Advisory Council
The Delta Advisory Council is a six-member governance body that oversees Federation operations in the Gradin Belt and the Round Table. Created out of necessity following the loss of a permanent connection with the Federation, it is intended to provide both civilian and military governance, filling the roles of both Federation Council and Starfleet Command, with a board comprised equally of Starfleet and civilian members.
- Task Force 38 Commanding Officer: Admiral Michael Drake (Kartelan Station)
- Task Force 38 Chief of Marines: Lieutenant General Jagg Anderson (Helios Station)
- Task Force 38 At-Large Representative: Rear Admiral Ruth Ellsworth (USS Nomad)
- Persephone Colony Representative: Governor Adross Ord
- Helios Colony Representative: Governor Graylay Targon
- Delta Commerce Coalition Representative: Captain Nareta Vel (FMO Tyche)
The Delta Advisory Council was a creation of necessity. In the first couple months following the Battle of the Round Table, tensions began to mount between Starfleet leadership and the civilians of Helios, Persephone and mercantile operations in the quadrant. Starfleet had assumed command over all operations in the quadrant, but the civilians felt their needs were not being well-represented.
In August 2388, a compromise was reached: a governance council comprised equally of Starfleet officers and civilians who would act as both Federation Council and Starfleet Command for the activities of all Federation and Starfleet persons stranded in the Delta Quadrant. The council would also have direct oversight over Task Force 38.