From Bravo Fleet Infobase
The Fourth Fleet, colloquially known as Bravo Fleet, is one of the numbered fleets that make up Starfleet. Founded in response to the Borg incursions of 2367 and 2373, the Fourth Fleet has grown over the years to support operations in all four quadrants of the galaxy through its six operational units, Task Forces 9, 38, 64, 72, 93 and 99.
Following the the Borg Invasion of Sector 001 and the onset of the Dominion War, Starfleet was forced to quickly mobilize all available assets in joint efforts with the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Star Empire. Thus, the Fourth Fleet, commonly referred to as Bravo Fleet was born. The Fourth Fleet was called upon for multiple occasions during the war, including the initative to retake Deep Space 9 and the Invasion of Cardassia.
Upon signing of the Treaty of Bajor, Starfleet reorganized the Fourth Fleet into multiple Task Forces which were assigned to multiple mandates throughout the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. Over time, the Fourth Fleet's Area of Operations was expanded to include the Gamma Quadrant (for exploration) and the Delta Quadrant (to reach out to lost ships, like the USS Voyager.
Today, the galaxy remains an uncertain theater. While many powers, like the Cardassian Union, looking to reclaim former glory, the Romulan Empire recoiling from the destruction of their homeworld, and even the Borg advancing their directive to assimilate the galaxy at large, the Fourth Fleet has been tasked with maintaining the peace, and respond appropriately to any crisis.
Throughout its history, Bravo Fleet has been divided into a multitude of Task Forces, each with a mandate to uphold in a section of the galaxy. Presently, the Fourth Fleet consists of 5 Task Forces.
- For More Information, please review Task Force 72.
- Establish a foothold to conduct exploratory, scientific and diplomatic operations within the Inconnu Expanse.
- Protect Federation interest against internal and external threats.
- Continue vigilance along the borders of the Cardassian Union, the Breen Confederacy, the Ferengi Alliance and the Tzenkethi Coalition
- For More Information, please review Task Force 93.
Caught in between the honor-bound Klingon Empire and the subversive Romulan Star Empire, Task Force 93 strives to maintain the peace and continue Starfleet's mission of exploration. Their current objectives include:
- Manage Incident of the Gorn invasion into the Cestus and Centerra systems.
- Monitor the activities of the Romulan Star Empire due the destabilized government.
- Safeguard & Rebuild the Raeyan Transit Corridor with a new presence in these sectors.
- Rebuild Starfleet’s presence in the Raeyan Sector, one that has fallen into disrepair after Task Force 58 withdrew from the region in 2386.
- Civil War within the Klingon Empire has alerted the Federation to keep monitoring the situation and aid where needed.
- For More Information, please review Task Force 9.
With the threat of the Dominion gone, and the scourge of The Consortium lifted at long last, Task Force 9 continues to explore deep into the Gamma Quadrant, unprepared for the dangers it will soon face. Its objectives include:
- Explore the Gamma Quadrant to catalog planets, nebulae, spatial anomalies and more.
- Protect Federation Interests in the Quadrant and its citizens who explore and conduct trade.
- Support the development of Federation colonies in cooperation with local powers.
- For More Information, please review Task Force 38.
Task Force 38 is now Starfleet's most distant and isolated task force, struggling with many of the same challenges in the Delta Quadrant as once faced by the USS Voyager. It is charged with:
- Manage the operations of Federation ships and colonies isolated in the Delta Quadrant.
- Explore the Gradin Belt and the Round Table under the Delta Exploration Initiative.
- Establish a permanent presence and peaceful relations with neighboring species.
- Protect Federation interests in the Quadrant and its citizens who explore and conduct trade.
- Find means to communicate with and travel between the Federation and the Gradin Belt.
- For More Information, please review Task Force 64.
Fueled by the Federation's Historical Archive, Task Force 64 digs through older records to shine a light on forgotten or overlooked events ranging from Captain Archer's first voyage to the launch of the USS Enterprise-D under Captain Jean-Luc Picard's command.
- For More Information, please review Task Force 99.
Respecting the Temporal Prime Directive, Task Force 99 is mandated to explore beyond the boundaries of time and space, exploring alternative realities to learn what may have happened were choices different.
- For a comprehensive list of events, please visit the appropriate decade above.
- In 2373, Bravo Fleet is formed.
- In 2378, the Fourth Fleet participates in the C'halkilian War
- In 2384, Omega Crisis of 2383 ends with the Second Battle of Union and the destruction of the F'hoca Gateway in the Delta Quadrant, completely closing off access to the Old Theatre.
- In 2386, the Valoris Nebula begins to rotate, moving Federation worlds into Breen space and vice versa. This leads to the Breen Crisis and most notably the Battle of Garen Epok.
- In 2386, a Cardassian group calling itself the Order of 12 destroys several facilities in the Gavarian Corridor, as well as killing a number of Starfleet personnel, including flag officers.
- On April 13, 2387, the Hobus star goes hypernova, destroying Romulus and Remus and sending the Romulan Star Empire into turmoil. Task Force 93 assists with evacuation efforts.
- On September 20, 2387, the Treaty of Nelvana is signed, restoring the original provisions of the 2311 Treaty of Algeron, closing the Romulan borders to the Federation, and ceding the Raeyan Transit Corridor to the Federation.
- In May 2388, a group known as The Consortium took control of Deep Space 11, the Bajoran Wormhole and Task Force 9 as an attempt to disrupt Starfleet’s activity in the Gamma Quadrant. Starfleet assets unaffected by the Consortium regroup at Starbase Unity.
- In June 2388, Starbase 900 was attacked by the Borg. In order to protect the Federation, Task Force 38 was forced to destroy the transwarp gateway that connected The Round Table to the Alpha Quadrant.
- In October 2388, Task Force 38 reestablishes contact with the Beta Quadrant through the Epatha Gateway. Though not a favored method, this allows communication and resupply every 45 days.
|BRAVO FLEET TIMELINE|
|2360s||2367 • 2368 • 2369|
|2370s||2370 • 2371 • 2372 • 2373 • 2374 • 2375 • 2376 • 2377 • 2378 • 2379|
|2380s||2380 • 2381 • 2382 • 2383 • 2384 • 2385 • 2386 • 2387 • 2388 • 2389|